Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Accidently formatted a sd card.

Googled it came up with Disk Drill. Recovered 85% could clik on them looked good.

So showed it could "get" them then the kicker to upload recovered images $120 please depite fact it said it was free.

Stealth but not suprised never much for free nowadays

Hi Peter,

Another alternative to consider can be found here - I used this once (a long time ago) and it got me out of a hole I'd dug myself into.

Phil

Hi Peter,

Another alternative to consider can be found here - I used this once (a long time ago) and it got me out of a hole I'd dug myself into.

Phil
samedeal isnt it have to buy to save tge photos

samedeal isnt it have to buy to save tge photos
Hi Peter,

I cant remember the exact details, but I managed to rescue my ‘lost’ files without any charges being applied.

(I think I got hold of support and played innocent and dumb - facets that come pretty naturally to me… :) ).

I thought it worth bringing to your attention, but I guess the bottom line is - data recovery services usually come at a price.

I hope you get your images back…

Phil

Last edited:
Not stressed if i dont saved the best of them learnt my lesson

Is it a SanDisk card? It comes with a free rescue app - details on the packaging. Lexar also does. Have you tossed the package? Maybe buy a new card and get the software from it.

Accidently formatted a sd card.

Googled it came up with Disk Drill. Recovered 85% could clik on them looked good.

So showed it could "get" them then the kicker to upload recovered images $120 please depite fact it said it was free.

Stealth but not suprised never much for free nowadays
You could try "Zero Assumption Recovery" ZAR software, it's free for SD Card (saving rescued image files to computer)
I had been using it for a long time. Although the software had been discontinued, it is still working.
I have just tried it yesterday using ZAR 9.0 demo version. (format a SD card and try to rescue the deleted image files inside)
It took about an hour to scan a 32GB SD card. It is slow but it is more reliable than the other scanning method.
We could not download the latest version ZAR 9.2 from the developer home page but we could download ZAR 9.0 from the following site

Be careful to click on the correct button and download the correct software ZAR 9.0 (do not download the recoverit or other software)

Clip.jpg

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back