JoeTheSnowPlowGuy

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
AJ
I’m sure some of you have seen all the threads I’ve stated about lenses and bodies to accompany my R6 M2. That journey has provided some answers and more questions.

Friday I shot a corporate event and used my T3 with EF-S 18-55 IS II STM as a second body. My .R6M2 wore the RF 70-200 F4. The 70-200 was fabulous. For whatever I gave up in 1 stop of light I gained 2x in weight savings and handling following everyone around all day.

I used the T3 at 18mm for wide angle group/setting shots. I actually got a couple bangers with the T3 that I’m pretty happy with. That being said, I can’t move forward with that camera as a second body. The buffer is tiny, the lack of an articulating screen makes odd angle shots a lot of guess work, I could go on, but the premise worked, now I have to update the equipment.

In a perfect world I’d buy another R6M2, but I don’t have those funds. I’ve thought about adding the RF 14-35 F4 to my lens lineup and renting a camera for jobs, but I think that could start getting expensive. I’ve looked at a few options and I’m curious what others may think. Should I get the lens and rent, OR, buy an R8 and use my 24-105 STM on the short end for a time, OR buy an R10 and pick up an RF 16mm F2.8 alog the way?

I plan on adding sports and I’m going to be shooting some AHL games this year, so the R10 has some appeal with its mechanical shutter, 15fps, 24 mp, dual pixel AF 2, for under a grand.. thoughts?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back