luckyheel

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Kevin
Anyone use the Sigma 18-35 Art or 50-100 Art on the new R7 for photos. If so, what are your opinions on the 18-35 and 50-100 replacing a Canon RF 24-105L and Tamron 70-200 G2? I also have the EF 100-400L v2.

That's a rather specific thing you're asking about. Probably better off reading reviews of the lenses you're interested in and basing your decision on that.
There have been some reports of non-Canon lenses not playing very nicely with R cameras, but personally I've stuck to RF lenses for now so can't comment.

I came over to Canon Mirrorless from Nikon. Every time a new body came out I'd need to wait for Sigma to figure out what wasn't working with that body (typically something with the AF or image stabilization) and issue a firmware correction. For non-dockable lenses I had to send them back to Sigma to have them do it.

Canon has made it clear that they don't want to play with 3rd party lenses. For this reason alone I would avoid them, because I can see Canon inserting stuff in firmware updates that screws with other lenses even after they've been fixed.

Do I like this? No. Mainly because I'd love some fast primes that Canon has yet to issue in RF form, and I'd rather have native mount than buying an adapter for lenses I don't have just so I can buy lenses that will eventually be replaced. That said, I'm happy with the RF glass I have and will wait patiently for others.

Do I expect Canon to ever play with the others? I wouldn't put money on it.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back