Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mara Lee
City/State
Atlanta, GA
I try to challenge myself regularly to increase my skills, as hopefully we all do. Yesterday the weather was horrid, and I noticed a lone bull thistle looking particularly nasty out in the back of our property. I set out to make this ugly bugger look nice in a photo. With today's equipment and software, anything is possible, right?

After taking a few shots, it still looked bad, especially in raw format, but as usual, Lightroom saved the day. Once I had a finished product, it begged for an inspirational quote. I hadn't framed it for one originally, but I was just playing around, so I squeezed one in.

So, I'm inviting everyone to find something considered truly ugly on a normal basis to turn it into something pretty or at least pleasing or positive and post it here. Inspirational quotes are optional. No flowers or other pretty stuff. Just bare ugliness seen in a new light.

Attachments

• ThornPoster2SM.jpg
    ThornPoster2SM.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 44
You certainly made the ugly look pretty!!!

Late afternoon sun, choked by wildfires...wearing a mask for other reasons. Sometimes, smoke and pollution make the prettiest scenes unfortunately.

Attachments

• _HOT4369.jpg
    _HOT4369.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 57
Late afternoon sun, choked by wildfires...wearing a mask for other reasons. Sometimes, smoke and pollution make the prettiest scenes unfortunately.
That's pretty!!

Thank you! Most of the credit goes to my camera and lens. 😊
Actually, the camera, lens, and software are only the tools used to realize the artist's vision. If you had not seen it in this light, would it even exist? Nicely done! (y)

Thank you!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back