RickH1

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Richard Holzmann
C5FD0B90-7030-4E93-9ACC-81011AD41F89.jpeg

You have had a lot of likes but no one has said anything about the picture. I'm finding it difficult to say anything also. Technically It looks good, emotionally its not moving me. I'm not liking the yellow glasses, although others might see that as the main theme, it's the reflections in them that puts me off, and the straight on pose.

Pose angle is rarely straight on for me as I much prefer candid

You have had a lot of likes but no one has said anything about the picture. I'm finding it difficult to say anything also. Technically It looks good, emotionally its not moving me. I'm not liking the yellow glasses, although others might see that as the main theme, it's the reflections in them that puts me off, and the straight on pose.

Pose angle is rarely straight on for me as I much prefer candid
The photo was shot on the spur of the moment , he was at a bar in a music pub and I asked him if I could take his picture , which he agreed to . I was then asked by the venue if they could use the photo as a poster to promote their music evenings which I agreed to . Personally I don't really care if it moves you or not , and as the saying goes if you have nothing nice to say , it's best to not say anything at all . I have been doing weddings and portraits since the mid 80's without any complaints , so unless you are employing my services , its probably best you don't comment , unless its to be nice .

No offence intended. I thought it was professional, not a spur of the moment. As it was a quick shot I can understand there will be aspects that are not in your control at that moment, like the reflections. No doubt I have said something wrong again.

I think it is disappointing there are not more comments about pictures. I can understand why there isn't if it is necessary to be so politically correct it just makes the whole exercise too complex and too risky having it backfire.

No offence intended. I thought it was professional, not a spur of the moment. As it was a quick shot I can understand there will be aspects that are not in your control at that moment, like the reflections. No doubt I have said something wrong again.

I think it is disappointing there are not more comments about pictures. I can understand why there isn't if it is necessary to be so politically correct it just makes the whole exercise too complex and too risky having it backfire.
No offence taken , I love candid shots also , I love photos that tell a story , a memory and history for the people /person you are photographing , and something that says something to other people(hopefully) , but not all photos are going to please everyone or mean something to other people .The photo below was a recent baptism I photographed , the photo means nothing to anyone else except the family and that little girl when she grows up .

F5DD7016-3395-44E7-9DEC-D9F06909A038_1_201_a.jpeg

Anything I post please give me your honest opinion. I value feedback. Truth is nourishment and helps me grow

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali
Back