mikestrock

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mike Strock
I'm interested in shooting tethered into Lightroom. I bought CaptureOne, and it works there, but I'm more comfortable with Lightroom.

Is anyone else doing this? Because even with the most recent update to Lightroom, the camera is not detected.

Am I missing something here?

Mike.

I'm interested in shooting tethered into Lightroom. I bought CaptureOne, and it works there, but I'm more comfortable with Lightroom.

Is anyone else doing this? Because even with the most recent update to Lightroom, the camera is not detected.

Am I missing something here?

Mike.
I would also be interested in whether tethering with LR is possible. I know when you import images from the camera, it sees camera right away, but not sure about tethering.

I made it work with the 12.1 release. My problem I believe was that the EOS Utility was also running. I'm on Windows 10. Once I killed the EOS Utility and started Lightroom and chose Tethered Capture, it saw the camera just fine.

My apologies for the noob question. I'm a computer guy more than a photographer I guess.

But it is working now.

Cool.

Thank you all who read my question and for those who answered.

Mike.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back