thanks for acceptin my request

AnnJ

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Ann James
Well did I downgrade? I have just purchased an R5 and hoping to build up my kit slowly, I am a keen hobbyist photographer, I don't have a particular genere but if I had to describe my style its outdoors be that landscape, macro, wildlife and mountain biking. I also use the Canon1dxii, hence my question did I downgrade! so far I'm not sure but thats because I am still sorting out settings and in-camera functions, weight is most certainly its biggest upgrade, and now that I am getting used to focus stettings I think that I am on to a winner :) first question - What should the file sizes be for posting please?

Hi, AnnJ, welcome from another newbie to the group.

I think you'll find you'e made an upgrade once you're fully familiar with the camera. The AF, once tailored to your liking, is phenomenal.

As for the file sizes, I don't know that there are any set requirements, I resize mine at 2048p on the longest side and reduce quality to 70% since that's what most social media compresses to anyway.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining up here Ann! :) You can post any size that you like but they will be reduced to 2048px at the longest edge for both attachments in the forums and media gallery images. For Pro Members we support up to 4000px but only when uploading direct to the media gallery, not forum attachments right now.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back