Thanks for the add, from an Ra user

Biggruffbear

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Nicholas Waller
I've been a Canon user since the days of the A1, moving up through a number of DSLRs to the 6D Mk1. That camera is a great all-rounder, but also enabled me to develop my interest in astrophotography, for which is great, and has a fantastic reputation. I did think about getting it astro-modded, but after playing with Astronomik clip-in filters, settled upon the EOS Ra for Deep Sky Objects, with its ability to capture more hydrogen alpha wavelength light.

I'm gradually getting familiar with it, and look forward to getting some lenses; at the moment, I have the RF-to-EF converter. I'll have to ask Santa nicely, or hide the credit card bill from my wife!

I'm really looking forward to sharing news, views and experiences with fellow R(x) users.

Hello! And welcome from Atlanta, GA. I'm clueless about astrophotography, but I enjoy looking at the photos. 😊

Hello! And welcome from Atlanta, GA. I'm clueless about astrophotography, but I enjoy looking at the photos. 😊
Thanks! I'll try and sort some out to post; hopefully whetting some appetites for a great (but frustrating) hobby!

Welcome Nicholas and thank you for joining up here!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back