tpatana

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tero Patana
Not surprising though, R3 is still quite fresh. Summer of 2024 sounds scary though as I have big event in the summer of 2024, and I doubt I'm high on the Canon's priority list for low-in-stock cameras.

The unnamed (of course) Explorer of Light claims that Canon’s goal is for the Canon EOS R1 is for it to be equipped with an 85mp+ sensor, 24fps mechanical RAW burst and a big bump in sensor dynamic range. All of this sounds terrific, but we don’t think these sorts of things would be known right now outside of the labs and meeting rooms at Canon.

A good source also reached out last week and told us that the Canon EOS R1 may not see the light of day until the 2024 Summer games in Paris, France. If that’s the case, we expect Canon to start talking about the camera some months before the games begin.

R5S may come first.

Not surprising though, R3 is still quite fresh. Summer of 2024 sounds scary though as I have big event in the summer of 2024, and I doubt I'm high on the Canon's priority list for low-in-stock cameras.

The unnamed (of course) Explorer of Light claims that Canon’s goal is for the Canon EOS R1 is for it to be equipped with an 85mp+ sensor, 24fps mechanical RAW burst and a big bump in sensor dynamic range. All of this sounds terrific, but we don’t think these sorts of things would be known right now outside of the labs and meeting rooms at Canon.

A good source also reached out last week and told us that the Canon EOS R1 may not see the light of day until the 2024 Summer games in Paris, France. If that’s the case, we expect Canon to start talking about the camera some months before the games begin.
I seen this info but I have a gut feeling it will be Ann ounces next year, maybe just hoping.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back