border guy

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
cliff
Hi all,
Has anyone found a reasonably priced third-party battery grip for the R6 mk2? don't fancy paying the silly prices for asked for genuine ones.

Cliff.

I have this and the official one. The MCOplus one fits and works perfectly and is identical in layout. Buttons and wheel action are not so refined as the official one but they are fine. The body is more rubbery in feel than the official one which actually makes it slightly more secure to hold. I don’t know if it will start to get tacky as it gets old like so many rubberised items do, but there’s no sign of that so far. You can’t charge the batteries in the grip and it’s not weather sealed like the official one. I often carry two cameras for events and I want them both gripped. if I’m shooting with one camera and the weather looks dodgy I’ll use the Canon grip.

I have this and the official one. The MCOplus one fits and works perfectly and is identical in layout. Buttons and wheel action are not so refined as the official one but they are fine. The body is more rubbery in feel than the official one which actually makes it slightly more secure to hold. I don’t know if it will start to get tacky as it gets old like so many rubberised items do, but there’s no sign of that so far. You can’t charge the batteries in the grip and it’s not weather sealed like the official one. I often carry two cameras for events and I want them both gripped. if I’m shooting with one camera and the weather looks dodgy I’ll use the Canon grip.
Hi, Yes I have been looking at that one. Cant see much else out there so I need to start saving. Thanks for your reply.

Hi, Yes I have been looking at that one. Cant see much else out there so I need to start saving. Thanks for your reply.
There’s also a Neewer one. I haven’t tried it, but I have other Neewer products and they‘re all good.

From my experience from the SLR era, most 3rd party grips are pretty good. I had both genuine and 3rd party grips over the years on 60D and 7D without any issue, they just work exactly the same.

Any only if they sell an R7 grip.........

Thanks for the replies, I'll probably go for the MCOplus one...just need to replenish funds now :)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back