Followers
Following
Name
Jack
City/State
Calgary, Alberta
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I was at a local area with some trees and walking/hiking paths this morning trying to get some early fall colour shots. I turned around and this guy was watching me. I was a little startled but he showed no fear at all. Wrong lens and very wrong settings but still I am pleased with the result.
600A2062.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
  • 84.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 12800

Great photo. It's amazing how coyotes have taken to suburban locales. I live just outside of NYC, and have a family of coyotes living in the nature conservation area behind my house. It's a large space, but is clearly in the middle of suburbia. The coyote are surprisingly adaptive.

Great photo. It's amazing how coyotes have taken to suburban locales. I live just outside of NYC, and have a family of coyotes living in the nature conservation area behind my house. It's a large space, but is clearly in the middle of suburbia. The coyote are surprisingly adaptive.
Thanks Mike. This one is in really good shape and its winter coat really looked nice. We have a large jackrabbit population and there are lots of voles and mice living in that area. Plus we hear all the time of peoples cats and small dogs going missing, so I don't think it has missed too many meals.
600A2056.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
  • 95.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 12800

Nice shots! We have a large coyote presence here, and our coyotes are actually Coyowolves so they can get huge. Whilst we have lots of rabbits and volves and deer the biggest reason there are so many of them is that people leave food out for the "poor coyotes" :rolleyes: so they don't have much fear which is why they go after pets. They've had to have coyote hunts to thin the populations in some of the suburban areas in the past years.

Nice shots! We have a large coyote presence here, and our coyotes are actually Coyowolves so they can get huge. Whilst we have lots of rabbits and volves and deer the biggest reason there are so many of them is that people leave food out for the "poor coyotes" :rolleyes: so they don't have much fear which is why they go after pets. They've had to have coyote hunts to thin the populations in some of the suburban areas in the past years.
Thank You Hali. Like MikeZ said “coyotes are highly adaptive”. No explaining how some people think they are doing wild animals a favour by feeding them. Well, except birds, cause I do feed them. Makes for good photo ops at the feeders!

I agree. Feeding seeds and the like to birds is a far cry from leaving food for natural predators like coyotes or large cats, for those out west. Allowing a potential threat to get close and familiar is inviting trouble. The coyotes near me have nabbed small pets and, though supposedly nocturnal, are frequently spotted out in daylight.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back