Canon R5 Viewfinder Eye cap replacement R5?

Dave Williams

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Dave Williams
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a replacement eyecup for the R5, either Canon original or third party? Previous camera bodies have had slot on replacements but the R5 is screw in. I was hopeful that I wouldn't need to replace this one but as per previous models and as a spectacle wearer I end up ripping the rubber. Doesn't effect the camera but now I want to sell it it does probably effect the resale value .
I have searched Amazon and Ebay as well as Canon's web site to no avail. Help!!
TIA Dave

Hmm i googled found plenty ranging from 20 to 100 dollars trickery though the cheap ones were not screw in JJC was a common search $100 though

Hi Dave,

I found this one on Amazon. I've not used it myself, but the ratings/ reviews seem to be (mostly) positive.

Phil

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

I found this one on Amazon. I've not it this myself, but the ratings/ reviews seem to be (mostly) positive.

Phil
Thanks all for your replies. I had spotted that one Phil but it wasn't until I looked again and I watched the video which does demonstrate the fact that particular one comes with screws...plus a warning about using the supplied screwdriver possibly being not the ideal tool.

I just tried ringing Canon to see if they could supply a replacement but as my membership of CPS is no longer valid...they only want pro members it seems...the attempts to ask someone either on the phone or via their messaging service proved fruitless. A shame, their customer support used to be superb.

and finally..... I tried removing the screws that hold the eyecup in place and decided it wasn't worth the risk of damaging the head. I'll send the body to MPB as it is and see what they knock off the valuation as a result.
Why Canon decided not to continue with the "slide in clip on" ones is beyond me.

and finally..... I tried removing the screws that hold the eyecup in place and decided it wasn't worth the risk of damaging the head. I'll send the body to MPB as it is and see what they knock off the valuation as a result.
Why Canon decided not to continue with the "slide in clip on" ones is beyond me.
i replaced mine a year ago yeah dont use supplied screwdriver or precision need correct fit but big handle and get it dead square came of ok

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back