Which is the best CF card? Are reviews to be trusted?

Greg

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Greg Sinclair
City/State
Telford
After being let down by using a SD card that was not up to the demands of my R5 I decided to go for a decent CF card.

Bear in mind I am unlikely to use the camera for video, but will be used for lots of high speed multi shots.

I want to be able to store a weeks holiday of pictures so going for at least 256Gb or 512Gb.

Im trying keep costs down. You see my dilemma, large storage = expensive. High speed = expensive. Size + speed = silly money.

Would you go for the fastest card available or would that be overkill and unnecessary expenditure?

If you are not doing the big end video modes, you don’t need the highest speed.

I went back and forth, researched a lot and decided on the Sony. Some cheaper with lower performance, some more expensive with no better performance. I opted for “only” 128gb as I’ve never managed to fill a 64gb. I shoot RAW+JPG and it estimates 1900 exposures. Switching to CRAW+JPG it is good for over 3100.

This is the one I went with, avail in 256gb and 512gb as well

Thanks for that. Not easy to find real life experiences with memory cards. Plenty of sites saying which are best but they haven't used them in an R5 or an R any sort

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back