Followers
Following
Name
Hali
City/State
Rhode Island, US
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Well I guess I get to send something else to Canon Repair. Lets see how it goes this time.
I took the 100-500 out to shoot surfers and the surf today, when I got home and went to clean the lens I noticed that the lens itself is wiggling inside the casing. I have never dropped the lens so I don't know what happened, this is the second lens I've had this problem with.
Has anyone else had a problem with it?

Wish me luck.

That's no good... hopefully their problem.
I had a quick look on the internet and seems mostly people commenting on the ibis movement, so did not find anything.
I did find this article on the teardown the lens which is really interesting and shows its quality....but does not solve your issue....PB

Ouch! And it sounds like this has not been your month. I'm not sure what the issue with that lens is, but I wish you all the luck. Please pass along whatever you learn.

I noticed that the lens itself is wiggling inside the casing.

... you're not talking about the image stabilization wiggle, are you? All Canon lenses with IS have a moving element.

That's no good... hopefully their problem.
I had a quick look on the internet and seems mostly people commenting on the ibis movement, so did not find anything.
I did find this article on the teardown the lens which is really interesting and shows its quality....but does not solve your issue....PB

That was a heck of an article. It takes some serious nerve to pull something like that apart (I would have liked to have seen if they could put it back together.

... you're not talking about the image stabilization wiggle, are you? All Canon lenses with IS have a moving element.
No, this goes beyond the IS wiggle. The IS wiggle is a little movement, this was the whole inside of the lens moving around and making a noise.

the whole inside of the lens moving around and making a noise.
wow... How does that even happen. Did you drop it?

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back