2nd Camera Body

Um, no I don’t. I’d rather lose at most 3MPs in extreme situations with the R5 once in a while than a consistent 14mm on the wide end. R5 + R6 tops anything not rolled up in someone’s head and not available if I want a second camera for something other than a backup.
When I was in Africa, I had a 7D2 with a 100-400, and a 5D3 with a 24-105. Incredibly dusty so did not have to change lenses. Long shots 7D2, closer (but not to close LOL) and scenery 5D3.
flickr.com/apkef/albums
No city walk around for me. Just don't do it. Where I live, that's theft/mug bait.
Landscape, I use the R5 with the EF 16-35 F 4.0 on an adapter. Last trip to Aspen was with that lens on the 5D3. Actually took both cams but really didn't use the 7D2. Had a 70-200 F2.8 as well.
Actually for Landscape, at the Ngorengoro Crater I took 3 shots with the 24-105 at 24mm panned L/R, and stitched them together is PS when I returned. You can see that in my FLickr account also.

We have different uses. Wide end is no big deal for me. Stitched Pano below.
Crater pano.jpg
  • Canon EOS 5D Mark III
  • EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

You somehow keep ignoring the fact that I came to RF from Nikon and have no EF glass. You also somehow keep ignoring that there are some things that just cannot be captured adequately at 36+mm, even though there are certainly many that can. There is no situation in which a person in my situation (a primarily wildlife photographer) would pick an APS-C camera as a second provided that (something I specified) they were looking for something other than an effective backup for their primary camera. There are a myriad of situations where one might want one, and where I going on safari then I'd be happy to take one and stick the wide angles on my R5 and the 100-500mm on the Rx if it's otherwise capable. But that's all vapor. We can all invent a camera like that, but why would I ever wait for one?! I could have done that with the Z9.

You somehow keep ignoring the fact that I came to RF from Nikon and have no EF glass. You also somehow keep ignoring that there are some things that just cannot be captured adequately at 36+mm, even though there are certainly many that can. There is no situation in which a person in my situation (a primarily wildlife photographer) would pick an APS-C camera as a second provided that (something I specified) they were looking for something other than an effective backup for their primary camera. There are a myriad of situations where one might want one, and where I going on safari then I'd be happy to take one and stick the wide angles on my R5 and the 100-500mm on the Rx if it's otherwise capable. But that's all vapor. We can all invent a camera like that, but why would I ever wait for one?! I could have done that with the Z9.
We agree to disagree.
I'm not even sure what we are arguing about here.
I never said an APS-C senor is good for WA.
I'm simply saying that if you have two cameras one FF the other crop, you have two tools in your arsenal.
Neither is a backup. Both are primary just for different purposes.
You pick the right tool for the situation.

Last edited:
i have my R6 as a backup n also using for lowlight shots. Now if I need rapid fire with no chance to fail I have a 1dx Mark II

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back