Followers
Following
Name
Young
R5 - RF 800 f/11 - 1/500s - ISO 3200

Cooper's-Hawk6e.jpg
Cooper's-Hawk3.jpg
Cooper's-Hawk2.jpg

Excellent shots. Did you lay the bait? I ask because a few years ago I shot a couple of rabbits (serious pest here) and pegged them out on the front lawn to attract our local harriers. Struck the jackpot when two of them started squabbling over the carcass...

Excellent shots. Did you lay the bait? I ask because a few years ago I shot a couple of rabbits (serious pest here) and pegged them out on the front lawn to attract our local harriers. Struck the jackpot when two of them started squabbling over the carcass...
No, the encounter was purely by chance. My wife and I were going out for a walk after dinner through our backyard fence gate when I saw the hawk with its prey. I ran right back inside the house to get my camera and approached it stealthily and started shooting away. I couldn't see what it was eating, but upon a close look during the post processing that it looked to be a rabbit. If it was, then the hawk must have caught it from outside our backyard fence and brought it in to enjoy it in privacy. We, too, have many rabbits around, and I rabbit-proofed my backyard to protect our vegetable garden, so I'm sure the hawk didn't catch the rabbit in my yard. This is the only second time I happened to see a hawk with a prey in my backyard in some 20 years, so it's rare.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back