Chris Summers

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Chris Summers
I just ordered this L bracket from Amazon, for $50 it's a nice addition to my 800mm lens. To keep cost and size down for the 600 and 800mm f/11 lenses they do not provide the usual rotating tripod mount, just a flat spot with female thread for you to mount the lens to a tripod or monopod. It's workable for horizontal shots but makes shooting verticals difficult on a support.

I saw that Kirk makes an L bracket for $80 but I wasn't super impressed for the cost. I did some more research and found this one that is made of course in China by iShoot which makes other camera and lense accessories. I received it yesterday and impressed. All made of well machined aluminum, the Arca Swiss mounts are nicely done and I believe the it has a black anodized finish. I like this type of foot mount that I can curl my fingers around when carrying the lens mounted to a camera. They also designed it so that in the vertical position the center of balance is to the right of the center of the lens, this takes into account the light weight lens attached to a heavier camera body and improves the balance. It might look a bit big but not too much so the lens still fits easily into the Canon lens case made for the lens.

I wonder why Canon did not think of this as an accessory but then again they would probably charge 3 times the price of the one from iShoot.

Attachments

• lens mount 1.JPG
    lens mount 1.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 66
  • lens mount 2.JPG
    lens mount 2.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 66
I just ordered this L bracket from Amazon, for $50 it's a nice addition to my 800mm lens. To keep cost and size down for the 600 and 800mm f/11 lenses they do not provide the usual rotating tripod mount, just a flat spot with female thread for you to mount the lens to a tripod or monopod. It's workable for horizontal shots but makes shooting verticals difficult on a support.

I saw that Kirk makes an L bracket for $80 but I wasn't super impressed for the cost. I did some more research and found this one that is made of course in China by iShoot which makes other camera and lense accessories. I received it yesterday and impressed. All made of well machined aluminum, the Arca Swiss mounts are nicely done and I believe the it has a black anodized finish. I like this type of foot mount that I can curl my fingers around when carrying the lens mounted to a camera. They also designed it so that in the vertical position the center of balance is to the right of the center of the lens, this takes into account the light weight lens attached to a heavier camera body and improves the balance. It might look a bit big but not too much so the lens still fits easily into the Canon lens case made for the lens.

I wonder why Canon did not think of this as an accessory but then again they would probably charge 3 times the price of the one from iShoot.
I've also wondered why the likes of Canon and Sony don't provide better lens feet with built in arca mounts, it's typically the first thing that gets replaced on my lenses.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back