Adding gear info

border guy

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
cliff
Quick question pls. How do I add my equipment to my profile then it shows on my image posts in the gallery?

TA.

If you post tou picture dirsxtly into your post (rather than as attachment) EXIF data should show. If you just want to post your equipment info in every post just include it in your sig

Providing the images you upload include the exif / metadata then when you insert images into a post using the full size not thumbnail option the exif will display below the images. It will also be visible in the gallery. If you’re not seeing this then I suspect your exif data is being stripped out when you are saving / exporting your images. Depending on the post processing software you are using there’s normally an option when saving files to include or exclude exif data.

Providing the images you upload include the exif / metadata then when you insert images into a post using the full size not thumbnail option the exif will display below the images. It will also be visible in the gallery. If you’re not seeing this then I suspect your exif data is being stripped out when you are saving / exporting your images. Depending on the post processing software you are using there’s normally an option when saving files to include or exclude exif data.
Hi Tim,
Yes, I think that's what's happening with the images. Currently, I have to. use 'Photoscape X ' to view and convert the Raw files to PNG and it must be stripping the data. I'm waiting for my Mac to download "Catalina so I can use the latest Adobe DNG converter.

Cheers,
Cliff.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back