PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Some images from our visit (in August last year) to this iconic property in Northamptonshire, England.

(Note: Photography is not permitted inside the house itself, which is still home to the Spencer Family).

You can find out more about Althorp by following the links on the estate's web site and on Wikipedia.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop).

Phil and Karen

1. Althorp has been held by the prominent aristocratic Spencer family for more than 500 years.

RF-SA1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

2. It was also the home of Lady Diana Spencer (later Princess of Wales) until her marriage to Charles, Prince of Wales.

RF-SA2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

3. After her death, Diana Princess of Wales, was interred on the island in the Round Oval lake, her burial place marked by a white plinth and urn.

RF-SA3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 33.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 800

4. A Doric-style temple with Diana's name inscribed on top is situated across from the lake and provides a place where visitors can lay floral tributes to the princess.

RF-SA4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 800

Last edited:
Lovely shots. I still remember when I first heard of her death in Paris. I was on my way to the coast to go fishing.

Lovely shots. I still remember when I first heard of her death in Paris. I was on my way to the coast to go fishing.
Hi Chris,

Cheers - appreciated!

Another visit where we experienced an unexpected emotional reaction - both when viewing her bedroom and on seeing so many people visibly moved as they visited the temple by the lake to pay their respects.

I saw her a couple of times when she was alive (only from a distance, she didn't pop round for a coffee - or, if she did, we weren't in... 😅 ) and she radiated a magical presence. Diana remans an icon for many.

Phil and Karen

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back