PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
A few images from our visit (in August last year) to Stowe House, Stowe, Buckinghamshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

You can find out more about Stowe House by clicking Here and enjoy a virtual tour of the house by clicking Here. Find out more about Stowe Gardens by clicking Here and view a map of the grounds by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. The South Facade of Stowe House, which was built in the 1700s by the Temple-Grenville family (later to become Dukes of Bedfordshire). The house is now home to the private Stowe School.

RF-SS-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

2. The impressive marble saloon, which dates from the 1780's, is elliptical with the domed ceiling being over 56 feet high.

RF-SS-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 250

3. The majority of Stowe Gardens and the surrounding parkland, which both contain many buildings and monuments, have been owned by the National Trust since 1989. Shown here is the Temple of Concord and Victory.

RF-SS-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 320

4. The Gothic Temple, which can now be rented out as a holiday 'cottage', is the only building at Stowe built from ironstone (the others use limestone).

RF-SS-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100

5. The Palladian Bridge, originally intended to take carriages, crosses Octagon Lake.

RF-SS-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 400

Another set of absolutely stunning photos! It is very helpful for us "Yanks" that you have included links to additional information... thanks!

Cheers!

Another set of absolutely stunning photos! It is very helpful for us "Yanks" that you have included links to additional information... thanks!

Cheers!
Hi Kepa,

We're pleased to hear you're enjoying our images - plenty more to come...

(Also, it's good to know people are finding the links are interesting!).

P&K

Excellent! Thanks for sharing...especially the first one. I love the tonality and composition of that one.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing...especially the first one. I love the tonality and composition of that one.
Hi Bryan.,

Cheers - appreciated!

The house and gardens are a real joy to wander round and offer some terrific photographic opportunities. We were lucky to have half decent light for our visit (and we got there early, so it was still fairly quiet).

Phil and Karen

Another outstanding set. The architecture and design of these houses (if you can call them that) is truly mind boggling.

Another outstanding set. The architecture and design of these houses (if you can call them that) is truly mind boggling.
Hi Mike,

Cheers - much appreciated!

When we did the tour of the house, we reached the marble saloon towards the end and I just remember us standing aghast.

These grand houses were built to impress - and this one certainly does…

Phil and Karen

A few images from our visit (in August last year) to Stowe House, Stowe, Buckinghamshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

You can find out more about Stowe House by clicking Here and enjoy a virtual tour of the house by clicking Here. Find out more about Stowe Gardens by clicking Here and view a map of the grounds by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. The South Facade of Stowe House, which was built in the 1700s by the Temple-Grenville family (later to become Dukes of Bedfordshire). The house is now home to the private Stowe School.

View attachment 15602

2. The impressive marble saloon, which dates from the 1780's, is elliptical with the domed ceiling being over 56 feet high.

View attachment 15603

3. The majority of Stowe Gardens and the surrounding parkland, which both contain many buildings and monuments, have been owned by the National Trust since 1989. Shown here is the Temple of Concord and Victory.

View attachment 15604

4. The Gothic Temple, which can now be rented out as a holiday 'cottage', is the only building at Stowe built from ironstone (the others use limestone).

View attachment 15607

5. The Palladian Bridge, originally intended to take carriages, crosses Octagon Lake.

View attachment 15606
Very nice set of photos and thanks for the descriptions. Looks like an interesting place

Very nice set of photos and thanks for the descriptions. Looks like an interesting place
Hi Don,

Cheers - appreciated!

It’s a nice venue, combining the house, gardens and parkland (great for picnics), along with pleasant small cafes.

Plenty on offer for photographers.

P&P

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back