PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from a visit (towards the end of 2023) to Brodsworth Hall, Rotherham, North Yorkshire, England.

Due to a hitch involving us checking the web site information before we left home on a short tour, the main house interior had closed for the winter and only the servants quarters were open for viewing by the time of our visit. Also - as things usually go on our travels - despite leaving our campsite under sunny, clear blue skies, it was foggy and thoroughly miserable as we arrived here for our mid-journey stop-off - and, by the time we left, it was raining with increasing enthusiasm (and we were thoroughly miserable!). We’ll be back… :cool:

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panels).

You can find out more about the history of Brodsworth Hall by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Brodsworth Hall was built between 1861 and 1863 for Charles Sabine Thellusson, whose great-grandfather Peter Thellusson, a merchant and banker, had bought the estate in 1791.

RF-S-Br-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 500

2. As the family’s fortune diminished, the house and gardens gradually fell into decline and disrepair. In 1990 they were given to English Heritage and almost all of the house contents were bought by the National Heritage Memorial Fund and transferred to English Heritage.

RF-S-Br-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 320

3. Since then, the fragile house interiors have been conserved and the gardens gradually returned to their earlier formality, with Brodsworth being opened to the public in 1995.

RF-S-Br-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 6400

4. Part of the servants quarters - be it ever so humble…

RF-S-Br-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 3200

5. The Target House (previously known as the Archery House) was originally thatched. It was built to provide a place to rest and take refreshments, and sits at one end of the 525 foot long ‘Target Range’ - used by the family for archery (and for shooting practice by the Army during the Second World War).

RF-S-Br-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 6400

6. The extensive Victorian pleasure gardens include winding walks which lead visitors through a number of quirky features.

RF-S-SB-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 5000

(Source: English Heritage).

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back