PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from our recent visit to Belsay Hall and Castle, Belsay, Northumberland, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panel and Topaz Labs Studio 2/ Sharpen AI).

You can find out more about Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Belsay - home to the Middleton family since the 13th century. The medieval castle was enlarged in the 17th century, its pele tower is late 14th century.

RF-S-BEL-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

2. Belsay Hall, built in the Greek Revival style between 1807 and 1817 by Sir Charles Monck (a Middleton who changed name for ‘inheritance purposes’).

RF-S-BEL-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 125

3. The Pilar Hall, around which the reception rooms are arranged.

RF-S-BEL-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 400

4. Don’t forget to look up. (Creative edit).

RF-S-BEL-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

5. The library - read all about it.

RF-S-BEL-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 640

6. The Castle, Hall and Gardens (which links them) are managed by English Heritage. The Hall is kept without furnishings to 'reveal the fine craftsmanship'.

RF-S-BEL-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 400

(Sources: English Heritage, Wikipedia).

Last edited:
Nice set of photos & a good showcase of what can be done with the 16 f2 8
Hi Myles,

Cheers - appreciated!

I really like the RF 16mm - it's a distorting lens, but generally in a nice/ fun way.

(Does a great job with dramatic skies - not so good for close-up portraits... :LOL: ).

Phil

I've enjoyed using it. Never had an ultrawide before but found myself using it more than I thought I would, even a couple of group selfies, the trick is always be the one in the middle :)

Images from our recent visit to Belsay Hall and Castle, Belsay, Northumberland, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panel and Topaz Labs Studio 2/ Sharpen AI).

You can find out more about Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Belsay - home to the Middleton family since the 13th century. The medieval castle was enlarged in the 17th century, its pele tower is late 14th century.

View attachment 19134

2. Belsay Hall, built in the Greek Revival style between 1807 and 1817 by Sir Charles Monck (a Middleton who changed name for ‘inheritance purposes’).

View attachment 19135

3. The Pilar Hall, around which the reception rooms are arranged.

View attachment 19136

4. Don’t forget to look up. (Creative edit).

View attachment 19137

5. The library - read all about it.

View attachment 19138

6. The Castle, Hall and Gardens (which links them) are managed by English Heritage. The Hall is kept without furnishings to 'reveal the fine craftsmanship'.

View attachment 19139

(Sources: English Heritage, Wikipedia).
The tonal structure of them is quite nice, not too dark, not too light.

Nice set. Love the B&W. Not the correct era but we are watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix so the regions are interesting to follow as you post.

The tonal structure of them is quite nice, not too dark, not too light.
Hi Cemal,

Cheers - appreciated! I think at least some of these were processed post monitor calibration (which I believe is starting to pay dividends).

Phil

Nice set. Love the B&W. Not the correct era but we are watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix so the regions are interesting to follow as you post.
Hi Only RF,

Cheers - appreciated!

We hadn't done any research before we stoped off here, so the blend of empty hall, abandoned castle and unique gardens (in a quarry!) was a fascinating mix.

P&K

Hi Only RF,

Cheers - appreciated!

We hadn't done any research before we stoped off here, so the blend of empty hall, abandoned castle and unique gardens (in a quarry!) was a fascinating mix.

P&K
I like your shots because we've aways been fascinated by England's history. Of course that is a TV series but still. Starting season 4 tonight. I'm not sure what my wife will do without Uhtred Ragnarsson on the screen every night :)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back