PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from our visit (in 2019 - yes, we’re approaching the bottom of the ‘R System images barrel’!) to Belton House, near Grantham, Lincolnshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels).

You can find out more about Belton House by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Belton House was built between 1685 and 1687 for ‘Young’ Sir John Brownlow, 3rd Baronet, and has been home to the same family for almost 300 years. It has been suggested that Belton's principal façade was the inspiration for the modern British Motorway signs which give directions to stately homes.

RF-S-BL-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 100

2. Belton House performed various duties during the two world wars, including being the assembly point for the 11th (Northern) Division and the training ground for the machine gun Corps and then subsequently used for RAF Officer Cadet Training and the formation of two RAF Regiments.

RF-S-BL-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 2000

3. The Chapel Drawing Room, which is a rare example of decor that dates from the original building of the house.

RF-S-BL-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 320

4. The world-renowned Library contains some 6,000 volumes, the result of over 350 years of avid book collecting.

RF-S-BL-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 640

5. The Windsor Bedroom, named in honour of Belton's association with King Edward VIII, the British monarch who abdicated in 1936 so he could marry Mrs Wallis Simpson, a divorcee. (Peregrine Cust, 6th Baron Brownlow was a close friend and Lord-in-waiting to the King).

RF-S-BL-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 125

6. Edward Cust, 7th Baron Brownlow of Belton, attempted to retain the house and estate by opening it to the public. However, the financial difficulties were too great and in January 1984 he transferred ownership of the house, garden, and some of the contents to the National Trust - which purchased much of the remaining contents and 1,317 acres of the surrounding parkland. (The 7th Baron retains an apartment at the House as part of the transfer agreement).

RF-S-BL-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 5000

(Sources: National Trust, Wikipedia).

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back