Richard Clemens

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Richard Clemens
Is there printed instructions as to set-up my R 7 for bird (Eagles) photography. I am an older guy and have trouble following a You Tube tutorial. Printed form I can take my time. Thanks

Solution
I'm like you, don't like youtube videos. :( There are tons of written instructions online for setting the R7 for bird photography. They don't all agree, though. For instance, some do back button focus and some don't. So the best is to read some of those web pages and do some shooting to find your own best method.

Here is a good starting point for you. https://www.the-digital-picture.com...s=37073&Title=The-Ultimate-Canon-EOS-R7-Setup

There is also Nina Bailey's very detailed guide to the R7. It has recently been updated.
I'm like you, don't like youtube videos. :( There are tons of written instructions online for setting the R7 for bird photography. They don't all agree, though. For instance, some do back button focus and some don't. So the best is to read some of those web pages and do some shooting to find your own best method.

Here is a good starting point for you. https://www.the-digital-picture.com...s=37073&Title=The-Ultimate-Canon-EOS-R7-Setup

There is also Nina Bailey's very detailed guide to the R7. It has recently been updated.

Solution

Nina is very knowledgeable. She worked for Canon. I have her R5 guide.

Thank you so much. This will be a good guide for me.

Thank you so much. This will be a good guide for me.
Not sure if you are aware of the pre-focus method users have developed. It's not in any manuals. I expect AF to fail and I don't care why it does. I only concentrate on getting it to work again - quickly. It's using the traditional AF system like Spot, Zone or Spot AF to override Eye detect and then reverting back when your desired subject is in focus. Not the eye or face. The subject itself. Once it is in focus the system will find the eye.

There are many ways to set that up and it all depends on your shooting style and what you want out of it.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back