Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Gday had a session the other night with two seasoned pros one doing start trails other doing bit of all sorts of astrophotography.

Inspired me to have a go last night did a two hour exposure 2.8 iso 800 rf 24/70 L yep not ideal lens but what ive got at 24mm of course AWB auto

Should i be able to set up a "live view" and see image forming before my eyes in fold out screen? Currently black just shows time and timer word flashing to bottom left of screen

Oh and dont forget this is in begginers section where i happiest

aurura1141.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 9690.9003984064 sec
aurura1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 30 sec

Thanks for the info, Photofarmer. Really interesting about the back button focus and not taking photos with the intervalometer on R5. I have the R7 and use BBF for shooting birds and other wildlife, but I've just started doing some aurora shooting. I haven't done any intervalometer shooting, yet, but it's good to hear about this..... I'll have to check my R7... if I can remember this that long!!!! :);):rolleyes:
Our aurora season is winding down as it's just too darn light all the time now!!!
Oh, by the way, great images!!!

more info from brent hall same for r6

Serious BUG in my new R5. Unlike all my previous bodies (5DSR, 5D Mark IV, 7D Mark II) the built-in intervalometer DOES NOT TRIGGER the shutter, when the camera is set for Back-Button Focus. That is - Shutter Button Half-Press is set to "Metering Start".

The back LED actually looks like it's taking pictures - but it's not. You see "TIMER" flashing every "N" seconds, but all it's really doing is metering once every N seconds.

If I disable Back-Button Focus (set Shutter Button Half-Press to "Metering and AF Start") then the intervalometer works as expected. But like most serious photographers, I always have my Canon bodies configured for Back-Button Focus full time.
Taken some working out
I've also heard reports that external triggers don't work if the camera has been set up for BBF. The workaround, apparently, is to reinstate "standard" focusing, using only the front button, and to save it as a custom function, so as to make switching between the two modes as easy as possible.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back