Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
PRenee
City/State
Houston, TX
I really love photos straight out of the camera most often with light edits. Just wondering if anyone would have done anything more to this photo. Looking forward to hearing your tips and critiques. Taken with my 24-105 lense, natural light. Light edits in Lightroom.

Attachments

• 8D1D789B-6AB7-400C-8CC8-972E2A40E805.jpeg
    8D1D789B-6AB7-400C-8CC8-972E2A40E805.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 158
I really love photos straight out of the camera most often with light edits. Just wondering if anyone would have done anything more to this photo. Looking forward to hearing your tips and critiques. Taken with my 24-105 lense, natural light. Light edits in Lightroom.
I like the photo and I would add just one suggestion for "light editing". If you are editing in Lightroom or Photoshop try using a bit of the Dehaze slider. It should improve the clarity of the foreground and building by clearing up some of the haze from the moisture in the air. JMHO ;)

I like the photo and I would add just one suggestion for "light editing". If you are editing in Lightroom or Photoshop try using a bit of the Dehaze slider. It should improve the clarity of the foreground and building by clearing up some of the haze from the moisture in the air. JMHO ;)
Thank you! I’m using Lightroom, I’ll try that.

Great sky action. Unfortunately the foreground is uninspiring. Like you I too do minimal adjustments post, if any. If you have PS cut the foreground off and find something more compatible

Thanks Greg. I agree, the foreground doesn’t add much to the pic.

Recently I have been reading about the use of polarising filter. It's a filter that is far more useful than just removing reflections off water. It is, evidently, good at enriching sky colour, amongst other things. I am strongly thinking of getting one

I actually have a polarizing filter. I will try it out.

I absolutely agree and find that the polarizer does an amazing job of enriching all colors and bringing-out "textures" in clouds. I love it and use it often, though the downside is a light loss of up to 2 F stops.

Ah, the f stops varies with the quality of the manufacturer. I've just bought one with f1.33.

I like your shot. My eye is drawn to the drama of the sky and since you have captioned the picture 'Cancun Skys', I see no need to draw detail out of the foreground. Having said that, I wonder if the building details are resident in the original capture. If so, by drawing more clarity there how much would the complexion of the shot change?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back