Canon R5 Canon r5 with tamron 150-600mm af problems

jenks73

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Paul jenkinson
I have paired the R5 with the tamron 150-600mm g2 , this is my second lens. The first lens had hunting and af problems, and I found the lens clicking inside at high speeds, this is now happening to my second lens, I thought it was the lens at first but its happened twice...anyone else with same issues or is there a quick fix

Do you know which firmware your lens has installed? Tamron states that it needs to have firmware 2.0 or higher installed. If it is a new lens, then it should be the latest version....but you never know.

I don't own this lens or an R5, but I had to get my Tamron 24-70 G1 lens's firmware updated by Tamron service so it would function properly. My 45mm Tamron could be updated using the Tamron Tap-in console, so I did that myself.

Good luck on solving your problem.

I have paired the R5 with the tamron 150-600mm g2 , this is my second lens. The first lens had hunting and af problems, and I found the lens clicking inside at high speeds, this is now happening to my second lens, I thought it was the lens at first but its happened twice...anyone else with same issues or is there a quick fix
My Tamron 150-600 did much the same on ultra high speed. Every photo, taken at any speed, was soft and required procession beyond that of any of my Canon lenses. For me, Canon top glass doesn't come cheaply but does perform with excellence.

Many with that combo have complained about the hunting and softness. Both Tamron and Sigma 150-600 lenses on the R5. Once Canon allows 3rd party RFs, S&T will update their lenses.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back