Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Canon has now released firmware update 1.8.1 for the R6 Mark I. This replaces 1.8.0 that was recently released then pulled from download due to an error.

Firmware 1.8.1 includes the following enhancements and fixes:
  1. You can now trim and resize images while transferring them to the FTP server.
  2. After updating to firmware version 1.8.0, the phenomenon that Err70 occurred under certain conditions has been fixed.
  3. Fixed minor bugs.*1. and 3. are the changes in Version 1.8.0, and 2. are the additions in Version 1.8.1
Download links:
Please note that at time of posting the 1.8.1 download is only available on the Japanese site. It should be available on the US and European sites later today.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Update: Due to an error Canon has suspended the download for the 1.8.0 firmware. All they have said is: "It has been pointed out that an error is displayed under certain conditions in the firmware version 1.8.0 of the mirrorless camera "EOS R6", and we are currently suspending the download to investigate the cause."

• Admin
Update: Canon has now released 1.8.1 that fixes the error in 1.8.0.

1.8.1 only appears to be available to download from the Japanese site at present, but it should soon be on the US and European sites.

I wish Canon didn't put firmware updates out till they properly tested them ! This isn't the first time they've had to pull them. Surely they must have Beta testers out there?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back