Canon raises prices RF lenses included

I'm guessing material costs are skyrocketing during the pandemic.

Supply limited = higher prices along with limited production due to pandemic and cost of raw materials = sad photographer.

£100 / $100 Dollars ... no increase really as none are available :D

That said, all of my stuff is grey import and I am all lensed out ...

Not Good! I have been waiting for the 100-500 to drop to a sensible price and was amazed that the UK price was almost a $1000 dollars more than the US price, maybe Canon spotted that and increased the US prices :cry:, I will have to wait longer as £2979.00 is just too much for me!

'quietly...that had me laughing. These up and down patterns are well documented and cyclical. Go to Canonpricewatch and Gordon has every lens listed with price trends over the past years. Nothing to see here.

Not just Canon. Been looking at an RF 24-240mm from e-infinity, been out of stock for a fair while, but shown at £519. Had an email today to say now in stock. Price? £789!

That’s hugely cheaper- well was, than other places. £789 still cheaper by a decent amount than normal uk dealers like Wex or Park.

That’s hugely cheaper- well was, than other places. £789 still cheaper by a decent amount than normal uk dealers like Wex or Park.
Panamoz have now gone above a Cambridge camera shop. Grey prices seem to be getting almost to the UK prices now

Not Good! I have been waiting for the 100-500 to drop to a sensible price and was amazed that the UK price was almost a $1000 dollars more than the US price, maybe Canon spotted that and increased the US prices :cry:, I will have to wait longer as £2979.00 is just too much for me!
As was pointed out to me, UK price includes tax, US price does not. That being said, its still more expensive in the UK.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back