JoeTheSnowPlowGuy

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
AJ
Does anyone use the RP as a second body? My main body is an R6 Mk2 and I’m looking for a second body for event/sports photography. I know the RP isn’t very fast at 5 fps, but other than that, how does it compare in terms of AF accuracy and low light performance? The IQ seems to generally be very good with slightly higher resolution than the R6 Mk2 at 26 mp. Any real world experiences?

morgan1.jpg
  • Canon EOS RP
  • RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 15 sec
  • ISO 100

works for me not best comparison different lens different settings but both ok. Rp would have been better at F8 possible not as blown out.

0K0A6870_DxOfinal.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 30 sec
  • ISO 125

Im still a beginner but RP always with me on farm and travels with 24/70 "knock about" camera err but try not to knock it about.... No data but definately RP.
Was at my bricks and mortar camera store opening at new site and canon guy there told him what i used RP and R6ii "RP very underrated he said" and "ever read ken rockwell review of RP" so i did.
IMG_3515.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back