Following
Name
Dean Wilson
City/State
Canby, Oregon
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Rating System:

CR1 – The source is probably a 4 legged animal of some kind.
CR2 – Could be human, but making stuff up.
CR3 – Believable rumor, from a source that hasn't earned full trust.
CR4 – A trusted source who is pretty sure.
CR5 – Write this one in the history books, it's a done deal.

I really do not understand the value of reporting anything less than CR3....best left to the National Enquirer, the Onion, The Babylon Bee....et cetera.

On a side note: Canon has reported the R1 features will include~ (CR2)

. The camera will be AC powered and supplied with a 12-inch cord.
. Global shutter will allow anyone with an Internet connection to release the shutter at any time.
. The Ergonomic will be styled by Lego®
. Video features the ability to stream NFL games...subject to blackouts in your area.
. RAW files will be replaces with Power Point Presentation.
. Memory cards will be will implement a 14 slot NAS using PCMCIA (Type I) technology
. Autofocus will be assisted using Microsoft Bob (and firmware update will soon be available for Microsoft's Paperclip assistant).

Also noted is the 30ft R1 selfie stick will be available with the release of R1, Mark 2

...The camera will be AC powered and supplied with a 12-inch cord. 😂

(Thing is, I can see this one actually making it through to production).

Phil

The value of reporting anything less than CR3 is they get to stay in business by getting the population worked up :);)

Also noted is the 30ft R1 selfie stick will be available with the release of R1, Mark 2
Even though the reported weight of the R1 will only be a few ounces, the long moment arm and resulting torque of that 30' selfie stick will still require some strength. I'm hoping they include a drone-like accessory to help keep that stick stable.

I'm hoping they include a drone-like accessory to help keep that stick stable.
That comes with the Selfie Stick II: ISIS (In-Stick Image Stabilization)

SSII reportedly has two additional axis beyond the traditional 5-axis, that allows for movement in time, both forwards and backwards. (CR-1)

That comes with the Selfie Stick II: ISIS (In-Stick Image Stabilization)

SSII reportedly has two additional axis beyond the traditional 5-axis, that allows for movement in time, both forwards and backwards. (CR-1)
Sounds good, but I'm going to wait for SS III.

I also heard the shutter speed will be so fast it can catch a "Karen" with their mouth shut. (CR2)

Rating System:

CR1 – The source is probably a 4 legged animal of some kind.
CR2 – Could be human, but making stuff up.
CR3 – Believable rumor, from a source that hasn't earned full trust.
CR4 – A trusted source who is pretty sure.
CR5 – Write this one in the history books, it's a done deal.

I really do not understand the value of reporting anything less than CR3....best left to the National Enquirer, the Onion, The Babylon Bee....et cetera.

WRONG! That's very old info you have found there. It was changed many years ago. Highest rating today is CR3!
But I just tried finding the precise definitions of the ratings, and didn't succeed. Maybe they forgot to include it on the new site-design introduced recently.

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back