Canon Rumors Ratings

WRONG! That's very old info you have found there. It was changed many years ago. Highest rating today is CR3!
But I just tried finding the precise definitions of the ratings, and didn't succeed. Maybe they forgot to include it on the new site-design intruced recently.

The following is the current rating-system on CanonRumors. Found from old site via WaybackMachine:

This is a rumors site, not everything you read here should be taken as fact unless we say so!

Below is an explanation of our ratings for posts of the rumor genre.

[CR0] – Basically a joke
We don’t post these types of things very often, unless we see other sites posting something that is completely untrue and will never happen.

[CR1] – Plausible information, but from an unconfirmed source
This is information we deem as “possible”. However, the information comes from an unknown or anonymous source, so we cannot confirm its authenticity.

[CR2] – Good information from a known source
Even known sources that have been correct in the past may not provide perfect information from time to time. This rating means there’s a strong possibility that the information has some truth to it, but it may be incomplete and/or misinterpreted information.

[CR3] – Fact
We use this rating when we’re sure what we’re posting is a fact.

Have fun here at Canon Rumors, but don’t make any crazy buying decisions based on anything that isn’t rated [CR3]. We do our best to give you the most accurate information possible, but it’s really hard to be correct 100% of the time.

Thank-you for reading the site and not taking things too seriously.

As a side-note it can be mentioned, that during COVID and supply-crisis, the site questioned the value of its own rating system. Because even if a rumor was true/fact at one point, plans changed so often that labeling anything CR3 could be misleading.

EDIT: Found page on new site:

Last edited:
WRONG! That's very old info you have found there
What is interesting is if you Google "Canon Rumor Rating" you are directed to the updated version.

Revised Rating

However, if you search within Canon Rumors website the results show the old version.

Old Ratings

The differences in the URL's :
/rumor-ratings/
and
/the-canon-rumor-ratings-explained

What is interesting is if you Google "Canon Rumor Rating" you are directed to the updated version.

Revised Rating

However, if you search within Canon Rumors website the results show the old version.

Old Ratings

The differences in the URL's :
/rumor-ratings/
and
/the-canon-rumor-ratings-explained

Yes, they probably need to update the new site to make it easier/possible to see/find the rating definition. But it is the CR0-CR3 rating that are used today. I have been active on CR-site in many years - also all the way back to the CR1-CR5 ratings, which is many years ago.

Yes, they probably need to update the new site to make it easier/possible to see/find the rating definition. But it is the CR0-CR3 rating that are used today. I have been active on CR-site in many years - also all the way back to the CR1-CR5 ratings, which is many years ago.
Even if they do, well, all rumors are just that; nothing. Until a production item is on the shelf nothing really matters regardless of the source.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back