Drumbatter100

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Alan Forder
I am thinking of purchasing a Canon 400 f4 DO to use on a Canon R5 and wondered if anybody else uses this combo and what they think of it?

I am thinking of purchasing a Canon 400 f4 DO to use on a Canon R5 and wondered if anybody else uses this combo and what they think of it?
Did you end up buying one of these in the end, Alan?

I’ve read good things about the pairing of the DO (Mark II) lens on the R5 and 6; as I’ve been contemplating hunting one down for myself soon.

Did you end up buying one of these in the end, Alan?

I’ve read good things about the pairing of the DO (Mark II) lens on the R5 and 6; as I’ve been contemplating hunting one down for myself soon.
Not as yet as the results from the 100-500 are very good so have put it on the back burner for now.

Not as yet as the results from the 100-500 are very good so have put it on the back burner for now.
Yeah, I keep telling myself that’s the best (long term) route for me to go down too.

But I do like my constant aperture primes 😆

Whichever one I go for; I’ll be getting rid of my current 100-400 II as a part trade in. And the DO seems like the more worthwhile upgrade.

They’re getting a bit thin on the ground too; especially now they’re one of the ‘to be discontinued’ EF lenses.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali
Back