Cigar Smoke - Potential Damage?

Did I say I have seen ash in my lens? I don't think I did. I do think that someone needs to mind their own business, particularly when they know nothing of it.
Wow! My apologies if I said something that I shouldn’t have.

Wow! My apologies if I said something that I shouldn’t have.
Accepted. What you said came across as more than a little condemning. We live in a culture that requires me to disclose my smoking habits to my company, my insurer, and my doctor, not once but at least annually, either to receive a rebate from what I pay into my benefits, or to avoid a ration of crap from my doctor. I've never had a cigarette in my life, primarily because I tried to help my Mom quit for 30 years. Yet there is no distinction between someone who smokes a pack a day vs. a cigar or pipe. Sure there are risks, and I acknowledge them, but you do not inhale (at least I do not). Yet as an adult I am penalized for an occasional cigar but I can have a 6-pack of beer a day and there is no financial penalty. So, when the first assumption on your part was that I must smoke like chimney and need to quit after simply stating that I've seen ash in a lens, and went on to talk about how my wife might feel about it, let's just say you crossed a line. Actually a couple.

I appreciate the apology. No hard feelings, just explaining myself for your "wow".

I was joking. Or at least, that was the intention. My mom died last year, she used to smoke up to 3 packs per day.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back