Contacted by Canon concerning my comments on the 1.8.1 update to them

BirdBrainPhil

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Philip Tyler
So I sent an email to Canon saying how underwhelmed I was with the latest firmware update 1.8.1 for the R5.

I got a phone call from a Canon representative today. They said this would be passed up the chain. Adding, it was feedback like this they needed to understand what their customers thought.

I mentioned DPReview and RF Shooters and that their were several threads relating to how underwhelmed owners of the R5 were.

I won’t hold my breath but I got a response!

It seems that there are still a couple more software updates for the R5 rumoured to come with the last being Big Firmware 2.0 by the end of the year.
According to the Ordinary Film maker video on YouTube.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that some of our comments and displeasure with FW 1.8.1 will hit home with Canon and make FW 1.X and 2.0 that much better.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that some of our comments and displeasure with FW 1.8.1 will hit home with Canon and make FW 1.X and 2.0 that much better.
"Looks like we can't win, the interwebs will be angry anyway, let's completely stop working on firmware updates"

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back