nickhanson

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Nick Hanson
Captured on Saturday morning, during a four hour sunrise shoot at the Quiraing, here on the Isle of Skye.

This is one of the first images I captured as the light finally hit the landscape, just over an hour after sunrise. I initially processed it in colour as I struggle processing in black and white from this location, however after doing so I hit the 'black & white' button in Lightroom and thought 'oh, if I just do this and this, then this could work', and I do think it does work.

The low cloud hanging cloud with nice texture in it, along with subtle light hitting parts of the landscape, is what helps to make this work in black and white.

_HP_6768-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art 014
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 100

It is amazing sometimes where I also struggle with getting it to look right in color but it just works in B&W. I like that shot very Ansel Adams looking.

It is amazing sometimes where I also struggle with getting it to look right in color but it just works in B&W. I like that shot very Ansel Adams looking.
Thanks very much David. I didn't struggle to get it to work in colour, in fact it looks pretty good, however I just thought I would see how it looked in black and white as I've struggled with this location in black and white. Since this shot I have processed a few new ones in black and white from that location.

I don't know what it would be like in color, but it is stunning in B&W.

Outstanding image. Yes, the "mood" is perfect.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back