datacolor - Software Update for Spyder X and Spyder X2

Welcome to our Canon RF Shooters Forum

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dean Wilson

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Posts
1,152
Likes Received
2,409
Points
113
Name
Dean Wilson
City/State
Canby, Oregon
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Has anyone tried the updated version on datacolor software that has a:

"Deeper Calibration technology adds a new, powerful calibration engine to the Spyder you already own, measuring far more points across the grayscale and correcting color cast at each one, for an average of 30% better accuracy, with even greater gains depending on your display type."

Interestingly it wants you to: Download and open our Spyder License Finder Tool to get your registered license code and unlock offer.

You cannot enter your License manually to obtain the code to upgrade the software. I am guessing this is to help in the prevention of device sharing to unauthorized users.

Complete your purchase during the promo window (October 8 – 19, 2026) for 50% off.

I'll be installing the software soon.
 
I just downloaded the upgrade and calibrating the monitor took quite a while. The process does seem to be more granular, staring with adjusting color temp as well as each of the RGB channels. However, I'm not sure what difference it makes, if any. Time will tell, I suppose.
 

Latest reviews

  • Canon EOS R50
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Beginner's Camera, and a Very Good Enthusiasts Camera
    The R50 is a fine entry level/beginner/casual stills camera. It is not a pro level camera, but would be fine for hiking, street, family photos...
    • SwampGrizz
  • Canon EOS R6
    5.00 star(s)
    A nice camera specially if you want to save some money
    I bought the Canon R6 in 2024 to replace my Canon R7. After researching the market, I decided to go with the R6 instead of the R6 Mark II. Why not...
    • ctitanic
  • Prime Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Long Story Short Review
    10 years ago.....yes I said it was a long story! Canon sent me an EF 50mm f1.2 for a lens evaluation. On my 5D Mark III it was rather amazing. A...
    • GaryM
Back
Top