Does Canon need to add a silver ring 70-200?

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

JoeTheSnowPlowGuy

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
AJ
Does Canon need to add a variable aperture, something like 4.5/5.6 to 6.3/7.1 in a 70-200 focal length? The silver ring RF lenses seem to produce very respectable results. Would you buy one? What about constant aperture at something like 5.6?

No that I'll buy it but more lenses in the market will help the R system and will drive the price down which is a good thing.

They’re both L lenses. They made the 100-400 RF that sort of does a lot of what the 100-500 L does. A medium telephoto zoom for the RF series would probably be a big seller. I suppose an argument could be made that their 70-200 F/4 at ~$1500 would be too close to the price of a non L variable aperture?

Why limit it to 70-200m when the silver ring 24-240mm f/4.0-6.3 has a wider range and is more than respectable.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back