Canon R EOS R

Our Canon R Resources: Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

Just got my R and hopefully this forum will help with any tips or tricks in using it most efficiently.
well my suggestion would be to acquire another battery or two .. i have the R5 and she drinks batteries like they're slurpees ... makes my 6d look economical and btw the previous e6 batteries do work in it

I second the battery suggestion, or maybe a battery grip, longer life and much better in the hand I’m my opinion, also get to charge the batteries in the grip.
lol i havent looked into a battery grip for it ... not sure i can mix the old and new batteries and i don't know if canon has anymore batteries of the sort available

Besides getting extra batteries, having a fast SD card does make a real difference in buffer times if you are shooting in H mode.

And if you find that the touch bar gets in the way, you can always disable it! :)

Besides getting extra batteries, having a fast SD card does make a real difference in buffer times if you are shooting in H mode.

And if you find that the touch bar gets in the way, you can always disable it! :)
i have both cards loaded in mine ... but its rare for me to shoot in H mode ... the 8k option is better than my tv or computer monitors as well lol so won't use that part to its fullest potential yet

For a camera as fine as the R, the Touch Bar is an unmitigated disaster. What were they thinking? Mine’s been turned off since Day 2.

For a camera as fine as the R, the Touch Bar is an unmitigated disaster. What were they thinking? Mine’s been turned off since Day 2.
I actually had to look up what touch bar was and now i know i have a joystick on mine ... missed out lol i guess

I actually had to look up what touch bar was and now i know i have a joystick on mine ... missed out lol i guess
You didn't miss out - you just don't have an R. You mentioned earlier having both cards loaded, so you have an R5 or R6, the R only has a single slot and no joystick. And, as for the touch bar itself - you didn't miss anything at all. After well over a year with the R, I still haven't found any use for it.

You didn't miss out - you just don't have an R. You mentioned earlier having both cards loaded, so you have an R5 or R6, the R only has a single slot and no joystick. And, as for the touch bar itself - you didn't miss anything at all. After well over a year with the R, I still haven't found any use for it.
I own the R5 and an assortment of native lenses for it and a converter for the few i just didnt want to repurchase lol I'll take your word for the bar

Our Canon R Resources: Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back