Extreme Macro

Was that photostacking just for depth of field or was there another value to it? I'm curious because I can't imagine the minute lens adjustments you must have applied for 100 images. Definitely worth the effort though, an absolutely superb image.
Yes the photo stacking was just for the slim depth of field. I use a focus stacking from cognisys
Makes life a lot easier.

Yes the photo stacking was just for the slim depth of field. I use a focus stacking from cognisys
Makes life a lot easier.
Thanks. I wondered how you could manage 100 shots for stacking. It looks like I'll have to start saving my pennies for another gismo now. I'll need to use the 5D or 7D on it though as the shutter cable copes with the N-3 connector on the R5 but I've got an R6, which uses a jackplug. All good fun but I can guarantee I'll never get as good a shot as the monster you got.

Interesting gizmo to get those all those shots to make this great picture. Never done a lot of macro photography. Do you use this a lot?

Thanks. I wondered how you could manage 100 shots for stacking. It looks like I'll have to start saving my pennies for another gismo now. I'll need to use the 5D or 7D on it though as the shutter cable copes with the N-3 connector on the R5 but I've got an R6, which uses a jackplug. All good fun but I can guarantee I'll never get as good a shot as the monster you got.
There's an E3 cable available too - you could get both, though that's more pennies to save ;-)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back