Finally got out again....

PB Aus

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Peter Buckle
Went to Phillip Island...probably Melbourne's best known tourist destination. Just visiting the beaches and a short site seeing cruise...weather was all seasons which is typical for this time of year 20220918144549_0J9A0939-02.jpeg 20220918144231_0J9A0924-01-01.jpeg 20220918144123_0J9A0915-01-01-01.jpeg

Great shots, and the third photo is fantastic.

Gorgeous.
May I ask what you did for postprocessing?

Hi and thanks....backtracking a bit . I shoot both raw and large JPEGs all the time....I almost only edit the JPEGs. Editing is increased saturation, sharpening and occasionally some spot adjustments...and cropping for composition if needed.....I use Lightroom mobile and Snapseed....mostly Snapseed. If I can't edit them satisfactorily this way then they are essentially discarded....PB

Have you tried editing the RAW images? You would have a great deal more latitude in whatever editing tool you use, and the adjustments would not be permanent so you could remove what you've done and start over (if need be).

Hi Mike..yes..I've moved away from raw unless I am printing and hanging...otherwise it's all jpeg. I find there is enough latitude in Jpegs for most of what I do....and if it needs more then better to go and get a better shot if it's something I like.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back