GloriaN

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Gloria Nelson
City/State
NY
I’m having an issue with the focus. Today I went out to photograph owlets on a tripod and came home with so many “soft” shots. I did have my camera in Al servo and I’m wondering if that was causing part of the issue but it’s so frustrating. The camera does not seem to focus where my square is. Any thoughts?

Are us using back button focus... try it at home and see what’s happening.. there is plenty of videos on you tube around the focusing topic. i Can’t remember off the top of my head but there is another AF mode you should disable, as it cause the lens to hunt constantly... might be that. As I said at the top try playing with focus modes at home before going on location.... I’m still getting to grips but think the focus is bang on. Was using a third party samyang RF and it has focused almost 100% in tracking mode well pleased .

You might want to check to see if "Continuous Focus "is on. If it is, the camera will default to what it thinks should be sharp. If you turn it off you will be better able to select your subject.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back