Followers
Following
Name
Terry
City/State
Fort Atkinson, WI
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Taken in Madison, WI this past Saturday evening.

I had just gotten back from photographing it as it rose out of the clouds/smoke on the horizon from 4-1/2 miles away across Lake Mendota. I decided I wanted a more artistic approach for my next frame. I stood the equivalent of 3-4 blocks away and exposure bracketed 5 photos handheld to make this image. Focus was on the moon, so the columns of the State Capitol Building are slightly soft, which is ok by me.

Right after this sequence, I removed the extender since I didn't feel I needed the reach. As it turns out, I had to crop this quite a bit as I was shooting far too wide for the framing I ended up with. I'll know better next time!
Jun03_23-StrawberryMoon-141wr.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 420.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 2500

Great perspective!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back