Birds Goldfinch plumped up for the winter...

Snappy St Loes

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
058A0902_DxO.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1600

Lovely, I like the catchlight in its eye and the texture in the feathers.

Lovely shot! We've had a little snow over the weekend so had about 30 odd goldfinches in the garden yesterday. They are going through the sunflower hearts in no time at all!

Lovely shot! We've had a little snow over the weekend so had about 30 odd goldfinches in the garden yesterday. They are going through the sunflower hearts in no time at all!
I captured that one at Marchwiel Marshes which I didn't know existed until a few weeks ago even though its less than five miles from my home! The marshes are turning out to be a bit of a treasure of small birds. A few days previously I took a photo of this bird which I later learned was a rare, red-listed Redwing.
058A0837_DxO.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 1600

I captured that one at Marchwiel Marshes which I didn't know existed until a few weeks ago even though its less than five miles from my home! The marshes are turning out to be a bit of a treasure of small birds. A few days previously I took a photo of this bird which I later learned was a rare, red-listed Redwing.
It's always a bonus when you find somewhere close to home to shoot :) I've only spotted the redwings once, just randomly in a field near to where I used to live.

Once again, I am impressed with what the 600mm and the 800mm lens can do, even at f11. Beautiful photos.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back