Hello from Boston, MA

Perfpix

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
John Pinette
Hello all and thank you for the add. I am a professional event/sports photographer from the Boston, MA, USA area. I have been shooting Canon 1D series dSLRs since 2005. I shoot a lot of Dance and have been waiting for Canon to come out with a good mirrorless camera particularly for the silent shutter aspect. I rented an R5 last year for dance and never looked back. AF is much improved over my 1DX2 and really like having the EVF for darker venues and for exposure simulation. I was set to purchase an R5 when the R3 was announced, and ended up renting R5s and R6s about 8 times while waiting for my R3. I figure I have about 500,000 clicks on R5/R6s so am pretty experienced with them. I will be using my R3 for the 1st time at a paying gig, a gymnastics competition, this weekend. I expect it to perform spectacularly for gymnastics.

John

Welcome John and thank you for joining up here. Glad to hear that your wait for the R3 is over! How did your first weekend shooting with it go?

Welcome John and thank you for joining up here. Glad to hear that your wait for the R3 is over! How did your first weekend shooting with it go?
Well not as planned. The Blizzard of 22 cancelled most my events but I did get to do some studio shots with my R3 and a couple gymnastics routines. I used the built in WiFi for the 1st time in the studio and it worked great. I usually shoot tethered via an Ethernet cable and wireless makes the flow go a bit faster not having to deal with the cable. I will post some photos when I get a chance to edit.

Hi John, welcome from a neighbor close down south of you. Looking forward to seeing what you shoot with that R3.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back