Hello from Essex, England: Which Macro Lens?

Sallers

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Philip David Sheehan
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hello all,
It is good to be part of a group with the same interests and I hope, in time, I can gain enough knowledge to help some other newcomers. For now I would like to ask if you can recommend a Macro lens for the EOS R10. and whether it is worth purchasing an adapter (if so, which one?) for the same camera to increase the number of compatible lenses, I assume there will be tradeoffs in going this route.
Any and all replies appreciated.

A few years ago I got a Tokina 100mm f/2.8 macro lens in the Canon EF mount. Tokina lenses are made in Japan and are quite well made and sturdy with not a lot of plastic in the important parts. I've liked it but recently considered upgrading to the Canon RF 100mm macro which costs a lot more than my Tokina did but I now only have cameras from the R line. Well, after reading several reviews I pretty much decided to just stick with the lens I have. The Canon RF model is a good deal more expensive and heavier. So I will save my money for something else!

Hello all,
It is good to be part of a group with the same interests and I hope, in time, I can gain enough knowledge to help some other newcomers. For now I would like to ask if you can recommend a Macro lens for the EOS R10. and whether it is worth purchasing an adapter (if so, which one?) for the same camera to increase the number of compatible lenses, I assume there will be tradeoffs in going this route.
Any and all replies appreciated.
Hi Philip,

Welcome!

I would recommend you have a look at the Macro & Close Up Forum and the work of Paul Iddon, which is truly remarkable.

Phil

I have quite a collection of EF L lenses, so when I bought my R5 a few weeks ago I bought a Meike MK-EFTR-B adapter. This is one of the ones with a control ring which, TBH, I didn't really see a need for. However, I've set the camera to use the ring to change the ISO and have now wondered just how I've managed without this really useful feature for so long. The Meike seems really well made and works well. The fact that it is less than half the price of the genuine Canon offering is a bonus.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back