Shotbycurtin

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mike
Hi all from the UK. Great to be part of an up and coming forum supporting the newest and best camera technology out there. I’m relatively new to serious photography, having dabbled in it for years recording various other hobbies. I‘ve worked my way through the Canon range having toyed with Nikon and Olympus cameras in the past. Just made the jump to the R5 from a 5D4 whilst it had some value. I shoot mostly motorsport and rugby currently as a friend runs a race team and another a rugby team! So great opportunities to get close up to the action. For a bit of fun and a way of saying thank you I have my name on both cars which is cool.

Motorsport and Rugby is a bit thin on the ground currently so other genres of interest include Street, Architechure, (shops, churches and pubs for some reason!) Coastal and a bit of wildlife at the local deer park and lakes. I also mess about with portrait photography in a small home studio

I class myself as an enthusiastic amateur, though I‘d like to try and earn a bit of a living out of the hobby from this year, having retired early from the day job.

Gear collection isn’t huge as I refuse to hoard and I sell on to fund upgrades. Currently R5 with 100-500RF lens. other Lens include 24-70 2.8 L, 70-200 2.8 Liii, used with the control ring adapter. I was using the 100-400Lii though it needs to be sold.

Enough of my ramblings, looking forward to continuing my photography journey with a great new forum and lots of like minded friendly toggers!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Mike and thanks for joining up and introducing yourself here! I like to shoot a little motorsport when I get the chance as well, but nothing serious. I was really hoping to get to Oulton Park for the superbikes last year but then it was cancelled, so fingers and toes crossed that this year is a much better one!

Thanks Both. Had a quick go at bikes pre-covid, they are crazy! A favourite shot attached. First public event at Brands are bikes, so I’ll be along giving the eye recognition a workout!

Attachments

• 3AEEEC76-32E4-420A-B4EB-1A633E035791.jpeg
    3AEEEC76-32E4-420A-B4EB-1A633E035791.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 40

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back