Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mike Pounder
City/State
Grimsby
Hi, thanks for accepting me into the forum. Have been involved in photography since early 70’s (last century 😀). Became an Associate member of the British Institute of Professional Photography in the 1980’s when I became a Police Scenes of Crime Officer. Been a Canon man since the AE1 and digital since D30. Now retired I am a volunteer for our local Hospice and two National Trust sites in Lincolnshire.
Just traded in kit and got the R6, together with the kit lens. Also got 24-240, the 85 macro and the 600.

Welcome to the group, Mike! I love your Lego camera avatar. It sounds like you're keeping busy!

Mara, hi thanks, think at the moment if you don't try and keep busy you would go a bit mad. Are you in lock down over there or are things carrying on as near as dam it?

Welcome Mike and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. It sounds like you've had a fascinating career! If you have any questions about the site please don't hesitate to ask.

Mara, hi thanks, think at the moment if you don't try and keep busy you would go a bit mad. Are you in lock down over there or are things carrying on as near as dam it?
No lock down here. Our state governor was one that didn't believe in trying to keep his constituents alive and kept things "business as usual" for the most part throughout the pandemic. Atlanta and two other metropolitan areas have mayors that went against his orders and did impose lockdowns as much as they were able. The governor even went so far as to try to sue Atlanta's mayor over her procedures to try to save lives. It's crazy.

I have stayed at home as much as possible, only photographing people when I can safely do so, and doing more animals and inanimate objects. I'll be SO glad when this pandemic is a thing of the past and we can all get back to a new normal.

Stay safe!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back