How would you carry your camera in a bike?

ctitanic

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Frank J
City/State
SPRING HILL, FL
I live is an area with a lot of bike trails so I recently bought an electric bike. Now I'm trying to figure how should I carry my R7 + EF100-400 (heavy combination).

I'm afraid that if I put it in any of the bags made to be attached to the bike the vibration can damage the lens or camera. I thought about a back pack but the ones I have are in the large size and I do not feel they will be comfortable for riding a bike or quick enough when you find something that you want to shoot.

I have seen a lot of videos of how bicyclers carry their cameras but the method that they use with straps in the back are more for small camera/lens combination good for landscape photography and I'm talking here about wildlife.

Anyone with some experience...

2022-02-19-064657-Edit.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

Ctitanic, I seldom head anywhere on my ebike without packing a camera. The front bag swallows a Peak Design small camera cube which can hold an R5 fitted with an RF 100-500, plus a few other things.
David

Ebike : R&M Homage Touring

Hi David,
Let me see if I understood, you are carrying your R5 with a RF100-500 in that front bag. Are you not worry about the vibration affecting the camera or lens?

BTW, that's a beautiful landscape there in your picture!

I'm also interested in some best solutions since I'm also a recent happy owner of an e-bike, yet haven't seen a good solution for carrying my Canon cam during biking.

I'm also interested in some best solutions since I'm also a recent happy owner of an e-bike, yet haven't seen a good solution for carrying my Canon cam during biking.
Details please: both of the ebike and the equipment.

In my case the e-bike looks like this and my equipment are Canon EOS R6 MK1 + RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM

Attachments

• 20230629_192251.jpg
    20230629_192251.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Hi David,
Let me see if I understood, you are carrying your R5 with a RF100-500 in that front bag. Are you not worry about the vibration affecting the camera or lens?
First, the camera and lens are in a Peak Designs cube inside the handlebar bag. Second that bike has front suspension to iron out most of the jolts. Together, they make the ride inside the bag pretty smooth. Third, those cameras withstand quite a lot of abuse!

First, the camera and lens are in a Peak Designs cube inside the handlebar bag. Second that bike has front suspension to iron out most of the jolts. Together, they make the ride inside the bag pretty smooth. Third, those cameras withstand quite a lot of abuse!
Which Peak Design Cube are you using? Can you post a link?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back