AlaskaJim

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Jim McCann
Hoping to learn, and share valuable information and experience with other Canon photographers. I've been using Canon equipment since around 1985 and presently use two R5s and an R7 and a variety of RF lenses. I did hang on to my Canon EF 500mm f4. I've photographed all sorts of subjects over the decades but mainly shoot wildlife and other outdoor subjects, and much of that is to illustrate articles I write for magazines. Thanks for allowing me on here.

Welcome to the forum Jim. I look forward to seeing some of your images. What type of articles do you write for magazines?

Bryan, Thank you! I write mostly about outdoor subjects like fly fishing, bird dogs, upland bird hunting, and other outdoor adventures. Wrote one book and with the way the book business is failing I doubt I'll write any others.

Welcome to the forum (from the southern end of the great state of Alaska).

Welcome Jim and thanks so much for joining up here and introducing yourself. If you have any questions about the forum please don't hesitate to ask.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back